There are a collection of smart, male writers you'll never hear about. Vacillating between being ignored and loathed, these young men focus on the art of picking up women. Yet what they write isn't about merely meeting women: It's writing about culture. If you want to understand people, look at whom they date.
When I linked to a pick-up artist's blog (In Male Fide, a daily read), Rob commented:
I read through the entire link. The whole thing, including responses from both sides, reveal just how sick and myopic this culture really is. The narcissism and self-centered justifications involved in the writing would certainly cause [a guy to drink].
Rob gets it, and his reaction is why I read these blogs. Culture is destiny, and dating reveals what truly matters in culture. If a woman says she wants a "nice guy" but cock-chases an asshole, we know what the true culture is: As the economists say, we have a revealed preference. What is modern culture?
Unknown to most people over 40, younger men are checking out in record numbers. For most of American history, a man who worked hard could find a stable mate. Now-a-days a man can work hard for years, only to be ass-raped in divorce court.
I know zero men who refuse to marry because gays are getting married. I know several men who will not marry because of feminism: These men have been scared straight by watching their buddies lose everything in divorce court. Yet conservatives want to "save" marriage by attacking gays instead of family court. Futility, thy name is Sarah Palin.
Also, many women are earning their own money. Because of this, many are unwilling to "settle" for a beta male. Instead, they cock-chase alpha males. An out-of-work band member is more valuable than an Internet engineer. Women have revealed their preferences, and men who want to have sex have been paying attention.
What is the future? Who is the future? Roosh is the future.
Who is Roosh? He's a guy who sleeps in his dad's basement, doesn't work a real job, saves enough money to travel, and still get laid more than 90% of rat-race-running American males. Some call him a deadbeat. I call him a magnificent bastard:
Roosh or what ever his name is, is a natural result of feminism. The more matriarchal a society becomes the more guys will behave like Roosh. Guys like Roosh have always been around but in few numbers. But because in America marriage is such a raw deal for guys and women have no accountability, a lot more guys behave like Roosh.Especially young guys. It is a new phenomena that is really under the radar. In my opinion when guys behave like this in mass you will have a third world country. Women hate the behavior guys like Roosh exhibit but do not want to deal with the root causes. Until American women are willing to face the face that is looking at them in the mirror, most guys will become players like Roosh in the future.
Young men, in every culture, have always been the most productive members of society. Rome was not built in a day, and it was not built by women. Roosh had an advanced science degree, and was working in a legitimate, humanity-advancing career (medical research). He realized he could have more fun and have more sex by not working.
He also realized that if he got married, he'd risk everything he had ever worked for. Marriage 2.0 [It seems the blog where this list originally appeared has been taken down - Ed.] provides:
- No-Fault Divorce (i.e. unilateral divorce, with no recourse for other spouse)
- No-Fault Alimony (i..e she cheats, he pays; the party breaking/violating the contract gets paid)
- 66-75% of all divorces are filed by the wife (CDC data; Google it) – cha ching!
- Presumed mother-custody in most state’s family courts (goodbye Daddy, hello ATM)
- Presumed guilty until proven innocent DV laws (now widely used as the “opening chess move” of divorce – once the husband is removed from the primary residence he never comes back, and she gets the primary residence in the asset split; you have 27 minutes to leave the house after the initial phone call. Also known as the Federal VAWA Legislation).
- Decriminalization of Adultery (you can run a brothel and still get primary custody of the kids, plus alimony!)
- Lobbying by the National Organization for Women against Shared Parenting bills in many states. (NOW is no longer about equality, it’s now about a zero sum game for resources. Children are cash-cows, and NOW will be damned if they allow Shared Parenting to stop the cash-flow. Divorcees of the world unite!
- Lifetime Alimony (One NJ Appellate Court recently upheld a lifetime alimony sentenced rendered for barely an 8-year marriage. Their argument was that now in these days of short-term marriages being the norm, 8 years was pretty long, and as such probably deserved to be treated as a long-term marriage. Brilliant!)
- Fathers Are Optional Parents (States are enforcing payment-obligations by non-custodial parents with an iron fist, however they are completely ignoring the visitation-rights of NCP parents. If you are going to police one parents obligation to pay, why not police the other parents obligation to allow the Dad to see his kids?)
- One Sided Alimony: Ok so ex-spouse B got used to a certain standard of living, so we will make ex-spouse A pay alimony. Fine. But how about the things ex-spouse A got used to? Shouldn’t we have some sort of reverse payment by ex-spouse B in the form of weekly cleaning, a hot meal 7 nights a week, and “romantic companionship” services? How come one spouse is on the hook to provide something that the other was used to during the marriage, and not vice versa?
- Paternity Fraud (If you missed the 2 year window to catch that your kids aren’t really your kids, you are SOL in most states. What’s worse if your cheating wife divorces you, and you can bring the DNA tests to court, and you will still be forced to pay 18-23 years of child support for these kids who are some other guy’s spawn). In most fraud crimes, once the crime is proven, the guitly party gets punished. However in the topsy-turvey world of Family Courts, it is the innocent party that gets punished. No one to this date has ever been legally punished of perpetrating Paternity Fraud to this date. If you are going to be a fraudster, this is the best kind of fraud to pull off.
There are civilizations where men "check out." There are even civilizations within the United States where males do not involve themselves in their communities and families. We don't call these places "civilizations," instead relying on euphemisms like "urban areas," or the "inner city."
Soon enough, most of the United States will be an inner city. Enjoy your life today, because it's not going to get any better tomorrow.
You could try to reform it. That'd require taking on the National Organization of Women. Are you really going to argue in support of alimony reform laws?
You're too big of a pussy to offend a woman by saying something politically incorrect, and probably live in fear of your wife's wrath - which can be inspired by nothing more than a stray remark at a dinner party. Reform won't happen. This Is The Decline.
And so the only rational response to an irrational world is amoral hedonism. Let the pick-up artists roll.