An important meme is spreading, namely that the Republican Party is the Party of Beta Males. Until the GOP is recognized for what it is, men will associate with it - not realizing that the GOP views men as useful idiots.
Joe Scarborough has taken this subversive meme to the mainstream. In a Political op-ed, he writes:
Republicans have a problem. The most-talked-about figure in the GOP is a reality show star who cannot be elected. And yet the same leaders who fret that Sarah Palin could devastate their party in 2012 are too scared to say in public what they all complain about in private.
Enough. It’s time for the GOP to man up.
No one in the GOP will "man up," because the GOP is loaded with beta males. Joe Scarborough knows this, and his column should be understood as a trial balloon. He is encouraging men to leave the GOP.
All self-respecting men should leave the GOP. When the GOP starts focusing on men's rights issues, we can negotiate with them. Here are a list of demands:
- Eliminate no-fault alimony. Generally the party who breaches a contract is required to pay damages. Marriage is a contract, and yet women who breach the marriage contract profit handsomely. Although 66-75% of all divorces are filed by the wife, men are required to pay alimony in over 90% of cases. Why won't the GOP fight wholesale robbery of men?
- Joint custody should be presumed. Currently courts presumed mother-only custody. Rarely does a man receive anything beyond marginal rights to visit his own child. Father's are not optional parents, and are more than an ATM.
- Child support payments must be audited. My good friend's ex-wife uses child support [sic] to make car payments on her Range Rover. The family court judge told my friend, "How the mother chooses to spend the child support payments if of no concern." How is this just?
- Abolish lifetime alimony. In a divorce, a man loses the benefits of having a wife. Why shouldn't the wife lose the benefits of having a husband?
- Mandate paternity testing. Between 10-25% of men are cuckolds - that is, their wives became pregnant with another man's child after having an affair. In every state, a man who is the victim of paternity fraud can be forced to pay child support. A paternity test is non-invasive, and can be done at a hospital for a few bucks. It is an inexpensive way to protect a man from fraud, and thus should be mandated in the public interest.
Until the GOP starts fighting for men, then men must stop fighting for the GOP.